Best Freestanding Dishwashers
Tired of doing the dishes? Then you need a dishwasher. However, if your kitchen is already fully equipped and there is no more space for such a household appliance, then you need a freestanding dishwasher or also called a stand-up dishwasher. This can be placed freely in the kitchen or in another room with water supply.
Since its surface can be used as a storage option, these devices are also often placed so that they can be shared as an extension of the kitchen work surface. Especially in small households without a built-in kitchen, these models are used.
10 Best Freestanding Dishwashers
What is a freestanding dishwasher and what are its special features?
The attribute “freestanding” means two crucial things for you:
- On the surface of this device you can work and put heavy things. The cover is fully loadable.
- The device is completely self-sufficient from other components and is stable for itself.
Unfortunately, there is no recess at the bottom for the baseboard of your kitchen, so you will have difficulty pushing a freestanding dishwasher to the back of the wall, should you have purchased one, for example, used and there is space in the kitchen counter for a dishwasher.
Who is a freestanding dishwasher suitable for?
A freestanding dishwasher is always your first choice if it is either to be placed in a room other than the kitchen, or if it is to be independent of your kitchen counter. This is likely to be mostly the case in small apartments, like a single household.
Another use would be if you want to expand your countertop. So you can simply place this resilient unit next to it and connect the transition with silicone.
What to look for when buying?
So when buying, be sure to check the condition of your kitchen beforehand! Research if there is a pedestal and also consider if there will be a new kitchen soon. If so, other types of dishwashers may be a more elegant and attractive solution.
Best Freestanding Dishwashers in UK
Bosch SKS62E32EU Serie 4 Freestanding Compact Dishwasher
- ExtraDry: extra drying option for difficult-to-dry loads
- Glass 40 °C programme: gently cleans glasses while providing optimal drying and achieving a brilliant shine
- ActiveWater technology: less water, less energy, more performance
- Glass protection: for gentle care of your glasses and delicate dishes
- Auto Programmes: automatically selects the best cleaning performance programme
Bosch SMS2ITW08G Serie 2 Freestanding Dishwasher
- Home Connect App: By connecting your smartphone or tablet you can intuitively select your program when you are away from the kitchen.
- ExtraDry: extra drying option for difficult-to-dry loads
- Glass protection for gentle care for your glasses and delicate dishes
- Load Sensor: The perfect cleaner that never wastes a drop
- Height Adjustable Top Basket: offers extra space, especially for tall dishes
COMFEE' KWH-TD602E-S Freestanding Compact Dishwasher
1 used from £164.23
- 【6 Place Setting】 – With a flexible & useful racking system, our dishwasher can fit up to 67 pieces of tableware, and a plate size of up to 250mm. With 6 place setting capacity, it’s the perfect size for up to 2-3 people
- 【Delay Start Function】 – With the option to delay wash cycles between 1 to 24 hours, COMFEE' dishwasher allows you to delay the start of your wash cycle to a time that suits you the most and benefits you from off-peak power rates
- 【Lower Water Consumption & Energy Saving】 – The COMFEE' ECO-dishwashing cleans dishes with less effort. Only consumes 6.5L of water per wash cycle, 1/5 the amount used when handwashing and uses only 0.61 kWh per cycle
- 【2 Year Warranty】– The COMFEE' Dishwasher Range comes complete with a free 2-year manufacturers warranty
- 【Simple Installation】 – Our dishwasher requires a water supply and a waste outlet. There should be a simple plumbed connection like any full size dishwashers, or it can be fitted to a tap (this will require a suitable adaptor), with the waste water emptying into a sink directly
Bosch SMS25AI05E Freestanding Dishwasher
- BOSCH DISHWASHER SMS25AI05E 5PROGR STAINLESS STEEL A++q
Bosch SMS6EDW02G Freestanding Dishwasher
1 used from £557.07
- EfficientDry: improved drying performance by automatic door opening
- Extra Space 3rd Basket: extra cutlery drawer for more loading options
- Extra Clean Zone: extra cleaning for items in your top basket
- Favourite function: personalized function by just one touch on the Home Connect App
- Home Connect: home appliances with smart connectivity for an easier everyday life
Beko DVN04X20W 13 Place Setting Freestanding Dishwasher
- 13 place settings, offers you plenty of space for all of your pots, pans, dishes and glasses. Perfect for a medium sized household
- The removable cutlery basket and folding cup racks create extra room for your larger items, so even if you've prepared an elaborate meal you'll still be able to get everything clean.
- 4 programmes including eco wash to help you save water, energy and money
- Fan leaves dishes dry and ready to put away
- Dimensions (cm) - H85 x W59.8 x D60
Russell Hobbs RHDW3B-M Freestanding Full Size Dishwashe
1 used from £331.44
- 12 PLACE SETTINGS – This sleek in-built dishwasher is designed to fit seamlessly into your kitchen, with space for 12 place settings (12 dinner plates, 12 sets of cutlery, 12 cups, etc) it’s the perfect size for families
- ENERGY EFFICIENT – With an impressive A+++ for energy efficiency and a new energy rating D, to save you money on your energy bills
- EASY TO USE - Featuring 6 easy to use programmes, 5 temperatures and a delay timer setting, it also has a handy half load function to save water giving you all the flexibility you need
- DRY PLUS TECHNOLOGY – This intuitive dishwasher has an automatic release door which is designed to improve the overall drying performance and reduce overall energy costs
- 2 YEAR GUARANTEE – For added peace of mind, this dishwasher offers a 2 Year Guarantee upon registration
Beko DVN05320W Dishwasher Freestanding 13 Place Settings
- Beko DVN05320W dishwasher Freestanding 13 place settings
Balay 3 vs572bp Freestanding 13 A + + Dishwasher
|Energy Efficiency Class||A++|
Indesit Freestanding DFE1B19 60cm 13 Place Dishwasher
- 5 Programmes
- Delay Timer
- 3 Temperatures
How much capacity / dimensional place settings are usually offered?
The capacity of dishwashers is specified in measure decks.
Depending on the width, different numbers of these place settings fit in a floor-standing dishwasher.
- With a width of 45 cm, a narrow dishwasher can hold approximately 9 to 10 place settings.
- The 60 cm wide models have an average capacity of 12 to 14 place settings.
What are the special features of the latest models?
You’ll be amazed at the dishwasher functions new appliances come up with these days. Here are just a few useful examples:
- Hygiene program to kill pathogenic germs. (Perfect, by the way, if you want to clean food bowls and co. Oh and as a tip: is also super for FLIPFLOPS).
- Intensive cleaning for cleaning strong stains and incrustations
- Gentle program for lunch boxes with decor, melamine goods, and other delicate items
- Night dishwashing program extra quiet and takes advantage of the sometimes favorable night electricity tariff
- WLAN-enabled dishwashers are slowly entering the market
Which brands are considered good in this segment?
Manufacturers such as Bosch, Siemens, AEG, Miele and Co have freestanding dishwashers on offer. Miele is considered to be of particularly high quality, which of course has its price. Other brands sometimes emphasize basics, but reduce the price considerably. Make sure that models of lesser-known brands necessarily have a reasonable energy efficiency and safety features.
In what price segment is this type of dishwasher?
Some offers already start at £300. Calculate on average with £500. You can buy a dishwasher cheaply, especially on the Internet. Local stores, on the other hand, can help you if you want to see and touch the machine “live” first.