Are you looking for a dishwasher 45 cm wide? However, the usual dishwasher width is 60 cm – if you don’t have enough space in your home for this, you can only choose from so-called tabletop dishwashers or the narrow version, a dishwasher 45 cm wide.
Below is a list of the 45cm Dishwashers
These narrow models and their advantages and disadvantages are the subject of this article. Due to their smaller dimensions, they naturally offer less capacity for your dishes, as perhaps the standard dishwashers do. For this reason, it is mainly singles and small households for which a dishwasher with a width of 45 cm comes into question.
Best 45cm Dishwashers
45cm Integrated Dishwashers
Indesit DSIE 2B10 dishwasher Fully built-in 10 place settings A+ - Dishwashers (Fully built-in, White, Slimline (45 cm), Black,White, Buttons,Touch, 1.3 m)
- Indesit DSIE 2B10. Case design: Fully integrated.
- Door colour: White
- Product size: Compact (45 cm). Number of place settings: 10 place settings
- Noise level: 51 dB
- Drying class: A. Energy efficiency class: A+
Hotpoint HSIC3M19CUKN 10 Place Slimline Fully Integrated Dishwasher
|Energy Efficiency Class||A+|
DFS05020W 10 Place Settings Slimline Dishwasher - White
Bosch SMS24AW01G Serie 2 Freestanding Dishwasher, Decibel rating: 50, EU Acoustic Class: C
- Decibel rating: 50, EU Acoustic Class: C
- 12 place setting dishwasher: extra-spacious interior and adjustable spaces to ensure that cutlery and plates of all shapes and sizes will fit in with ease
- Eco Silence Drive: Delivering an efficient cleaning performance, by using the EcoSilence Drive for a powerful and quiet wash cycle, with a 10 year guarantee
- Multiple water protection: for optimum security against flooding
- Height Adjustable Top Basket: offers extra space, especially for tall dishes
Bosch Serie 2 Integrated Dishwasher
- Home Connect: home appliances with smart connectivity for an easier everyday life.
- ExtraDry: extra drying option for difficult-to-dry loads.
- Silence on demand: up to 30 min noise reduction at any time via the Home Connect App.
- InfoLight: a red infolight on the floor indicates whether the dishwasher is switched on or off.
- AquaStop: Bosch’s warranty in case of water damage – throughout the lifetime of the appliance.*
45 cm Dishwasher Guide
At a glance:
- Suitable for single and 2-person households as well as small kitchens
- Capacity for 6 to 10 place settings
- Available as freestanding, undercounter or built-in dishwashers
- As a rule, poorer energy efficiency and fewer features
- Lower price
Small household or insufficient space
Dishwashers usually have the standard width of 60 cm. However, this width does not always fit into the available niche, especially in particularly small apartments. Also, not everyone needs an appliance with a capacity of 12 or more place settings. Especially singles or couples living in small apartments (mostly) do not have so much washing up to be able to always put such a large machine full. If the machine is only half full, you use almost as much water and electricity as you would with a full dishwasher.
For these 2 main reasons, manufacturers have introduced narrow dishwashers 45 cm wide to the market. They fit into small niches and still have enough capacity for the dishes of a small household. As a rule, this is 6 to 10 place settings.
What does a 45 cm wide dishwasher offer?
15 cm compared to the standard width can make a lot of difference, and so a 45 cm dishwasher primarily means saving space for the owners. The machine can be placed in small niches without being a nuisance or limiting you in terms of ease of use. Many of these narrow dishwashers can be used both as freestanding floor-standing dishwashers, or you can unscrew the top cover, which is usually attached with just a few screws, and use the machine under the kitchen countertop as an undermount unit. However, there are also pure 45 cm built-in dishwashers as partially integrated or fully integrated versions.
If you choose a narrow dishwasher, you also have to cope with less capacity for the dishes. Therefore, such a device is less suitable for large families with many children. A maximum of 10 place settings can be accommodated in the device, which is why the machine only makes sense in a household with a maximum of 3 people.
In addition, a small width also means less space for technology. It is not uncommon for dishwashers with a width of 45 cm to not have a particularly large number of functions or even the latest technology on board. This is more likely to be found in 60 cm wide dishwashers, which are often also more energy efficient than their narrow brothers. If more technology has been integrated into a narrow appliance after all, the price is often comparatively more expensive than for the standard appliance.
Who should buy a 45 cm dishwasher?
As we have already explained, the narrow dishwashers are perfectly suitable for single and couple households with limited space. Here, the small dimensions are an advantage and the household gets a machine full quickly enough before the dishes are needed again. This way, no electricity or water is wasted either.
In the mid-price segment, it is mainly the manufacturers Bosch and Siemens that lead the market and also offer good quality at a good price-performance ratio. If you are rather looking for a narrow dishwasher of the upper class, you cannot avoid the brand Miele, which scores with durability and best energy efficiency. However, you have to reckon with a price of over £1000 here.
Advantages & Disadvantages
- Very small footprint
- Free-standing, as an under-cabinet or as a built-in appliance available
- Inexpensive to purchase
- Rarely special equipment
- Usually higher power and water consumption
Narrow dishwashers under test
In our research, we were unable to find any dishwasher 45 cm wide that has recently undergone a dishwasher test by Stiftung Warentest or any other recognized testing institute.
If you don’t have much space available in your household or live in a small household up to a maximum of 3 people, a 45 cm narrow dishwasher could be perfect for you. Meanwhile, you can find more and more technology and ease of use even in these machines, so there are few disadvantages compared to the dishwasher with standard width. In addition, small households save energy if you choose a dishwasher with less capacity, but you can always fully load it.
Manufacturers have also discovered this market for themselves. Many well-known and also inexpensive brands such as Siemens, Bosch or Bomann now offer dishwashers 45 cm wide in stores. And if the number of single households continues to rise, manufacturers will certainly give even more thought to equipping these models with more technology and better energy efficiency.